- 0 kr
Watch this product and we will notify you once it is back in stock.
AMT-100 mosquito trap
The AMT-100 is an affordable, environmentally friendly, electric, small mosquito trap that is incredibly easy to handle. Just plug in the plug, change the scent once a month and empty the container on insects as needed. It does not matter how large or small plot you have, the area that the machine can attract mosquitoes and knots is about 1500 m2.
How the mosquitoes are attracted to the mosquito trap
The mosquito trap imitates man and attracts mosquitoes and midges with scents, heat, UV light and a scant carbon dioxide. The fact that the mosquito killer has more lids is very important to attract the right kind of insects to the machine. If the machine only has one or two lids, the catch will be most butterflies and non-sticking insects. To increase the effect of catching more mosquitoes, you can supplement with a booster kit, then you get more carbon dioxide which improves the catch. When they get too close to the trap, the powerful fan draws down the insects in the catch bag where they die from dehydration.
Insects are attracted to UV light
Insects are drawn to UV light 360 degrees around the mosquito machine. According to experts, there is a different perception of how effective UV light attracts stinging mosquitoes. Our tests show that without scents and heat, almost only non-sticking insects are attracted to UV machines. Together with the scents (octanol and lactic acid) the effect is better against the mosquito. According to research, the UV light confuses the navigation system of the mosquito and that is the reason why scents and heat become even more interesting for the mosquito. Note that UV light is only effective at dusk and darkness, therefore capturing reduces the effect in daylight.
Photo catalysis with Titanium dioxide forms a little carbon dioxide
Another little unknown cap that the AMT-100 creates is that it emits some carbon dioxide. Inside the machine there is a TiO2 film that produces carbon dioxide (CO2) through photocatalysis with UV light.
The mosquito is drawn to heat
The machine has a heating element that the mosquitoes perceive as body heat. When the mosquito senses the heat, it flies close enough to the mosquito killer to be sucked in by the fan.
The scent makes the difference to other mosquito hunters
The biggest difference with the AMT-100 mosquito hunter compared to classic mosquito nets is that it should be equipped with a scented tablet. The scent spreads around the machine a little further away from the heat and attracts the mosquito to fly closer to the machine. Different species of mosquitoes are drawn to different scents, therefore different compositions of fragrances can be purchased. The fragrances that are approved and tested are octanol and lactic acid. For this mosquito machine it fits three different scent-lures:
- Black - (octanol) is best suited for mosquitoes
- Green - (octanol and lactic acid) is suitable for mosquitoes and gnats
- Red - (a lot of lactic acid and a little octanol) is best suited for tropical mosquito species eg. flood-resistant and also to warmer climates (Asia and southern Europe).
When you buy the machine a Green scent is included.
Eco-friendly mosquito machine
As the AMT-100 is powered by electricity, there will be no fossil carbon dioxide emissions. One recommendation that many people want us to make is to empty the catch to feed birds or fish so that the ecological circle is closed.
- Swedish design
- Catches mosquitoes and midges (Green scent)
- Easy to start and handy
- Environmentally friendly and energy efficient (24.8W)
- Quiet, odorless and child proof
- 230V (12V car adapter available for purchase)
- Some mosquito species are not attracted by this machine.
- AMT-100 mosquito trap
- Power cord
- Rapid Action catch bag
- AMT UV lamp Black light
- Rapid Action Fusion Green Octanol
Other important information
- Follow the instructions that come with the product. Never disassemble or cut the Octenol cartridge itself (ie the hard plastic cover). If you do this, you may be in direct contact with the Octenol agent inside the cartridge. Use in ways other than those stated herein may cause higher concentrations which may be harmful and irritating.
- In case of ingestion of the Octenol agent inside the cartridge, immediately call the Poison Center or a doctor for advice. Let the person drink water in small sips.
- If you get the concentrated agent inside the cartridge on your skin or eyes, immediately wash your skin or rinse the eye slowly and gently with plenty of water.
- If a person is inhaled for high concentration of Octenol, then provide fresh air and rest.
- Unused cartridges are kept cool and dry.